Wed, Feb 12|
Cleveland Bradley County Public Library
Volunteer Training - Bradley County
Make a Difference to Seniors in Bradley County, One Ride at a Time!
Time & Location
Feb 12, 2020, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Cleveland Bradley County Public Library, 795 Church St NE, Cleveland, TN 37311, USA
About The Event
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with MyRide TN Southeast Bradley County!
Volunteers are essential to the success of MyRide. Only with your help can we continue to assist older, vulnerable adults with their essential errands in Bradley County. According to older adults in Tennessee, transportation is the 3rd largest barrier they face to being more active in their community.
MyRide volunteers use their own vehicles to transport older adults (60+) that are unable to drive to destinations within Bradley County. Drivers get to choose which trips they take; rides are never assigned to drivers that don’t want them. Volunteers are background checked and provided with additional insurance by MyRide TN Southeast. Drivers must be over 21 years old and have a clean, reliable vehicle with at least TN state minimum insurance.
Our next volunteer training will be held on February 12th, 2020 at the Cleveland Bradley County Public Library (795 Church St NE, Cleveland, TN 37311, USA) from Noon to 2pm. Lunch will be provided so please RSVP and let me know if you have any dietary restrictions.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!
Thank you again for all of your support and willingness to help seniors in your community!
• Welcome & Introductions
• Southeast TN Development District Overview
• Southeast TN Area Agency on Aging and Disability Overview
• Volunteer Assisted Transportation/MyRide TN Southeast Overview
• Need, Timeline, Impact
• Framework, Funding, Mission
• Volunteer and Rider Criteria, Membership Program
• Insurance & Liability
• Paperwork for New Volunteers, Photos, Insurance, Driver’s License
• Policies/Procedures/Assignments (stops, weather, cancellations, accidents)
• Assisted Rides Software
• Gatekeeper Role
• Practical Tips for Working with Older Adults
• Mobility assistance
• Hearing impairment
• Tips for Driving Riders with memory loss
MyRide TN Southeast
Southeast Tennessee Area Agency on Aging and Disability