Fri, Feb 21|
Red Bank Community Center
Volunteer Training - Hamilton County
Make a Difference to Seniors in Hamilton County, One Ride at a Time!
Time & Location
Feb 21, 2020, 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Red Bank Community Center, 3620 Tom Weathers Dr, Red Bank, TN 37415, USA
About The Event
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with MyRide TN Southeast Hamilton County!
Volunteers are essential to the success of MyRide. Only with your help can we continue to assist older, vulnerable adults with their essential errands in Hamilton County. According to older adults in Tennessee, transportation is the 3rd largest barrier they face to being more active in their community.
MyRide volunteers use their own vehicles to transport older adults (60+) that are unable to drive to destinations within Hamilton County. Drivers get to choose which trips they take; rides are never assigned to drivers that don’t want them. Volunteers are background checked and provided with additional insurance by MyRide TN Southeast. Drivers must be over 21 years old and have a clean, reliable vehicle with at least TN state minimum insurance.
Our next volunteer training will be held on February 21st , 2020 at the Red Bank Community Center (3620 Tom Weathers Dr, Red Bank, TN 37415, USA) from 12pm to 2pm. Lunch will be provided so please RSVP and let me know if you have any dietary restrictions.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!
Thank you again for all of your support and willingness to help seniors in your community!
• Welcome & Introductions
• Southeast TN Development District Overview
• Southeast TN Area Agency on Aging and Disability Overview
• Volunteer Assisted Transportation/MyRide TN Southeast Overview
• Need, Timeline, Impact
• Framework, Funding, Mission
• Volunteer and Rider Criteria, Membership Program
• Insurance & Liability
• Paperwork for New Volunteers, Photos, Insurance, Driver’s License
• Policies/Procedures/Assignments (stops, weather, cancellations, accidents)
• Assisted Rides Software
• Gatekeeper Role
• Practical Tips for Working with Older Adults
• Mobility assistance
• Hearing impairment
• Tips for Driving Riders with memory loss
MyRide TN Southeast
Southeast Tennessee Area Agency on Aging and Disability